Things to do in Hervey Bay
5% DISCOUNT OFF ALL TOURS WHEN BOOKED IN CONJUCTION WITH ACCOMODATION AT SHELLY BAY RESORT (FREECALL 1800 240 797 TO TAKE UP THIS OFFER)
There are lots of things to do in Hervey Bay for the whole family and here are just a few of them.
Shelly Bay Resort offers a free Tour Booking service for all Fraser Island and Whale Watching tours, Fishing & Diving Charters.
With our wealth of experience and local knowledge we can advise on tours that suit your individual personal requirements. We will organise free courtesy transfers and accommodate your vehicle in our secure basement car park while you are away having a fantastic time.
Whale Watching, Fishing & Diving Charters
Whale watching season in Hervey Bay is late July to October each year and the whales don’t just swim past, they stay and play ! See these majestic creatures play in the calm waters off Hervey Bay and experience the whales up close and personal. Enjoy the phenomenon of the song of the humpback heard via the boats hydrophones in a truly memorable experience
FREEDOM III – Fraser Coast
Whale Watching - Whales, morning & afternoon tea, lunch and the most time with the whales… come and see the whales on the best tour in Hervey Bay with Freedom III!
Summer Cruises - Join us from Hervey Bay for an action-packed Morning Adventure Cruise or a romantic Sunset Cruise on Freedom III.
Fishing Charters - Freedom offers flexible fishing charters to a range of destinations in the Great Sandy Strait. Show the boys (or girls) an awesome time on the water with Freedom!
SCUBA Diving - Explore underwater worlds full of coral, fish and other marine life through SCUBA Diving. Freedom is purpose built for diving & offers a range of charter options.
TASMAN VENTURE – Fraser Coast
Experience the trip of a lifetime aboard the fast and luxurious 20 metre catamaran the Tasman Venture.
The Tasman Venture offers Hervey Bay whale watching tours, Hervey Bay dolphin watching , Fraser Island tours and fishing charters.
- Remote Fraser Island Tours – November to March
- Private Fishing Charters April – July
- Complimentary Morning/Afternoon tea
- Courtesy pick up & drop off to your accommodation.
- Purpose built waterline platform
- Two Whale Watch trips daily - late July through to October
- Two underwater viewing rooms and Hydrophone equipped
- Expert accredited commentary with FREE WHALE DVD
- Fraser Island / Whale Watching combination packages available
Fraser Island Tours
If you are looking for the perfect day out then Fraser Island is the place to go and a must-visit destination during any holiday at Hervey Bay.
Fraser Island is the largest sand island in the world, spanning 122km in length and 22km in width.
Escape for a day and lose yourself amid the World Heritage Listed Island’s sparkling freshwater lakes, beautiful beaches, spectacular coloured sands and towering lush rainforest.
FRASER EXPLORER TOURS
Fraser Explorer Day Tour – Departs daily from Hervey Bay
- A fun full-day guided 4WD adventure with an expert Guide who’ll manage tide, traffic and navigation while informing you all about the island.
- Buffet lunch at Eurong Beach Resort
- Drive along Fraser Island’s sand tracks to Central Station, a former forestry camp
- Walk along the banks of Wanggoolba Creek, which flows silently through lush sub tropical rainforest
- Drive up the famous 75-Mile Beach to see the coloured sands of The Pinnacles and the wreck of the cruise ship Maheno – a great photo opportunity
- Stop for a swim in Eli Creek, wade through the cool, fresh water or enjoy the surround from the boardwalk.
- Lake McKenzie is Fraser’s most beautiful fresh-water lake. Take a swim in the crystal – clear waters or just chill out on its white sandy shores.
- If English is your second language, there are MP3 guides available in Spanish, Italian, German, Korean and Chinese
UNIQUE FRASER TOURS
Short on Time? Sit back and relax while we do the driving on our fully guided one day tour. Unique Fraser gives you the ultimate Fraser Island experience on the worlds’ largest sand island. We visit more locations than any other Fraser Island One Day Tour while still having time to enjoy a swim. We offer small groups of no more than seven passengers per 4WD. Our guides are fully accredited and have a vast array of knowledge about Fraser Island and its fauna and flora.
* Modern air-conditioned 4WDs
* Morning tea, freshly prepared lunch
* All beverages; Water, soft drink, tea, coffee + beer and champagne
* All fees and charges – no hidden costs
* Leaves Daily - Pick up 7.30am, Returns 6pm
* Places We Visit; Lake McKenzie, Central Station, 75 Mile Beach, Eli Creek, The Maheno Shipwreck, Pinnacles
* Plus! The only 1 Day Tour to visit Indian Head and the Champagne Pools
Please note all tour prices are subject to change by the operators, tour payments must be paid in full when booking.